Sunday, February 1, 2009

Top 10 Things I Never Thought I'd Say

10. I was raising funds for cancer research by doing a marathon - who knew those funds might go directly to me.

9. I don't mind donating, but I didn't want to be the poster child.

8. I think the 26.2 mile marathon I trained for would have been easier than the marathon I got.

7. Bald isn't so bad.

6. Other than no energy, numb feet and a runny nose, I feel pretty good!

5. A cancer shower party? How fun!

4. Who would have thought that having your breasts amputated would make it hard to grate cheese?

3. I'm getting nipples this week!

2. Can they be perky? I don't want to look like Yoko Ono.

1. I have cancer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish you hadn't had to say any of those things either, but I think it's always good when you can find the humor and irony in things. And you make one damn cute poster child! xxxooo